Saturday, March 03, 2007

I've been sketching faces that interest me again.
Quite often I'll scribble one just before I go to sleep, it's a nice way to end the day, especially if I haven't managed to do anything else.The first one is from a Singer Sargent painting, Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose. I was holding the book at an angle and got the sketch wrong, but never mind. And there's too much shading, but I do get caried away.

This is from an old art calalogue and I'd never heard of the artist Abbey Altson, nor does this look much like the original painting. Sigh. I'm not much good at likenesses, I'm just glad they look human.

3 Comments:

Blogger mrana said...

I think the sketches look great mereth! And that horse, of course, is glorious.
And thank you for the comment on my blog heh, I'm glad it was worth my masochistic time phew :)

11:42 PM  
Blogger laserone_ said...

These are really great. :) I'm still not good at drawing people but I am trying to draw them more for practice. :)

12:05 AM  
Blogger fifi said...

what lovely drawings. They look very soft and gentle, and done with love and attention.

Drawing is such a beautiful way in which to engage with the world. Of course, John Singer Sargeant had a classical upbringing in art, and dedicated his life to painting, which not everybody can do. "Carnation Lily.." is a beautiful painting.

Your drawings are beautiful too.

So restful.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home