Saturday, March 03, 2007

I'm working on the head of an arabian horse, and loving the gloss and shine on his face.
This shows my messy work table with all my clutter and bits and pieces- I find it very homely and comfortable when I sit down to paint. This is an old table that my Dad built and was in our family kitchen all through my childhood, so that makes me feel good too.

The colour is more accurate in the top photo, for some reason the scans are always a lot redder than in real life.

I love that proud arch to the neck that Arabs have, very nice to draw.
I have yet to finish the halter and the background, I get more excited about the horse and the rest isn't so important. I usually wait until I need to do two or three backgrounds and then do them all at once, I only have to mix up one lot of paint that way. Lazy, I know.

2 Comments:

Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

I love your paintings of horses! I'm posting some photos soon that I took on my walk today and they made me think of your site...

Siobhan

7:12 AM  
Blogger molly said...

Lovely. being the mother of a horse maniac i can appreciate the beauty of your arabs.....

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home