Thursday, February 22, 2007

This is a sketch of my third son.

He was three years old when I did it (he's 19 now!), and I must admit I have quite a few drawings of him asleep, and almost none of him awake! Too hard to capture all that energy, so I'd wait until he was nice and quiet- much easier.
I hardly drew my first two sons at all, I guess I was too busy. I regret that I haven't got a nice 'sketch from life' of all my boys but I can't change that now.. Perhaps I'll be more diligent if I ever have grandchildren.

1 Comments:

Blogger laserone_ said...

How wonderful! It's such a neat concept to have drawings (as well as photos) to look back on as they grow. I can't draw moving people (or animals). I get too frustrated. I tried drawing my pug yesterday and it was just "too hard" for me as he kept moving around. I don't know how people do it. :)

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home