Monday, February 19, 2007

I was flicking through a book the other day and discovered this sketch hidden among the pages.
I haven't traced the painting I copied it from, but I'll look through a few more books and find it soon. I should have written it on the actual drawing I suppose.

I've always wanted to make a collection of faces that interested me, much like Laurelines 101 faces project. I was only going to do 50, and started drawing but I got bogged down because I decided later that I wanted them all the same size, on the same paper. This is only on cheap photocopy paper and someone who shall be nameless (third son) had torn the bottom off to write a phone number on. GRRR! ("Don't worry" he assured me, "You can draw another one")

I'm loving having a scanner and being able to play with cropping and resizing these works, some are on little scraps of paper, or cheap paper like this and there's even a couple on the backs of envelopes. But scanned and cropped they somehow look more important, more substantial, more significant somehow.
Don't you love eyes? I plan to play around and have a series of eyes from my paintings and sketches, and today I mucked around making greyscale images of the works I'd already stored. I do love having this technology!

1 Comments:

Blogger laserone_ said...

Wow, that is amazing. I don't draw people well, so I really admire this. :)

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home