Sunday, January 14, 2007

It's pretty sad that it's nearly a year since I started this blog.


I had high hopes for 2006, I thought I could dedicate myself to improving my art, and reach out to a wider community without risking too much. But Life, as always, doesn't exactly dance to our tune...
In fact Life derailed my plans in April of last year when I became my mothers carer, which involved coping with shifting two houses of furniture , caring and nursing her as she grew more ill and sadly her death in August. I still don't know if I'm on an even keel, but I think I can cope with the blog again now.

No blogging didn't mean no painting or drawing, thank goodness, but I haven't done as much as I'd hoped to. Nevertheless this is a new year and I intend to focus even more on making art the most important thing in my life.

And I hope to live up to the title of this blog and actually come out of the closet this time, so that I can share what I'm doing, while I'm learning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kary said...

WOW - what beautiful work ... welcome back! Blessings to you and hugs for the loss of your mom.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Nina Johansson said...

Wow, you´ve had a tough year, but I am glad you´re back. I love your paintings and drawings, and ooh, those incredible fast sketches of cats and dogs from last year... I know I will be following your blog ahead! Good luck!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Well, welcome back to the world of blogging and art -- what a great combination, right?!? It sounds like you've had a heck of a year -- so sorry about the loss of your mom and all the accompanying stress.
:-) Glad you introduced yourself on the EDM group; you'll find that they are an inspirational and supportive bunch. Remember that the art is for fun, and not something to add more stress to life!!
Your artwork is marvelous. You have a wonderful sense of value with great spontenaiety in your subject matter. I'm looking forward to watching your art -- especially those fun cats!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home