Thursday, January 18, 2007

Sometimes at night I'll grab a book on cats or dogs or horses and I'll try to draw as many things from it as I can. I listen to the tv and don't let myself concentrate too much on what I'm doing, just quick scribbles one after the other.
I like to work in pen because there's no going back, mistakes remain and there's not much you can do about it.

But the drawings aren't the point, and I don't like to get too precious about them. The main thing is looking and translating what you see to the page and the practice ,practise, practise.

There might be some other subject you can fudge and make up what you don't know but animals ain't it. You have to be familiar with every bit of them, and I'm not there yet, which is why I keep filling up those sketchbooks...

2 Comments:

Blogger mrana said...

What wonderful "scribbles" Mereth! Nice pen work and you've captured the character of these animals superbly with your strokes and scribbles, great work.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

So glad you are sharing!!! Yea for you coming out of the closet. Your work is beautiful.

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home