Monday, January 15, 2007

What ever you do, don't trust this face!
The owner chews up toilet paper, piddles in the house and tips the rubbish bin over. I'm hoping he'll grow out of all this naughtiness, but in the meantime he's so darn cute! He's my son's Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy named Mac and he's 12 weeks old.

This is the first time I've tried to paint him, just a quick watercolour, and if I'd known how hard it is to paint'brindle', I would have insisted on a black and white mongrel ! Too much fiddling went on, and I'm going to have to persevere until I find a method of rendering his fur that I'm comfortable with."Tabby" is much easier.

He sleeps a lot, so I can sketch him while he's unconcious at least. Otherwise he's hard to keep still, but I still have a try sometimes. Here are some full pages (A4) and then some blown up details. If you click on the image it should come up bigger.



As you can see, lots of starts and scribbles, but it all adds to the store of images.

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Oh how gorgeous. I adore staffies - wish I'd thought to draw ours when he was a puppy

2:30 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

You are so accomplished - these are wonderful - thank you for sharing and welcome aboard EDM

3:36 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

These are wonderful and capture the naughtiness of a staffie pup! I used to dog-sit one for a friend and he hated small white fluffy thing (ie: west highland terriers!) and many frantic sprint was undertaken across the park before he could reach one and...er... pick it up...!!!

3:45 AM  
Blogger Nel Jansen said...

Welcome to the EDM group, Meredith or Mereth, sorry I don't know which. These are just wonderful posts. Your quick sketches are terrific, so accurate and confident, and I really like all your watercolors. You'll be a wonderful addition to the group. Big welcome!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home