Saturday, January 27, 2007

This little sketch was done back when I was in school, so how old is it?
It was drawn from an old (1892) photo by Paul Martin and was done in one of those tiny memo books on lined paper, about 3" by 4", but it's so old the lines have completely faded off one side.It's been pinned up above my art table for years and it's getting brittle and yellow, so I thought I'd scan it and preserve it in case it falls to pieces. One day I may even make a painting of it, but I like this little scribble too. Sometimes things hang around for so long we stop even seeing them, so it's a surprise when you take the time to examine them.

I think I was fascinated by this photo of two long ago little girls because I'm a twin and it reminded me of pictures of us.
Click on the picture to see it bigger.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nina Johansson said...

I love the sketchy "unfinished" quality in this drawing, and the contrast between the two girls and the background. Looks simple and interesting. It would probably make a lovely painting...

2:34 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

It's so soft and lovely and dreamy. I really like it.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Rachel Murphree said...

Mereth -- you do beautiful work, love your animal paintings. Welcome to EDM.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home